Wednesday 17 March 2010

Antique Typewriters




Photobucket


I have a thing for old typewriters and so does my mom.
We both have the same love for antique typewriters - its unique sound,
form and shape, and certain aesthetics which cannot be substituted by the digital technology.
I used to have to take typewriting lesson during my intermediate years.
I remembered vividly just how much I did not enjoy it. haha~
As a kid, I always questioned the need to learn how to type on an old piece of 'heavy,
bulky typewriter machine', especial when computer co-existed!!

Who would have thought that 10 years later I would go back on my words~
Typewriters are the coolest thing!!!! Yesssss they are!! lol
The kind of satisfaction I get from typing on a typewriter
is far more experiential than on a computer keyboard.
(Though I also love the sound which an old computer keyboard makes.)

ANYWHOO O O O~~
Here is something I stumbled upon as I was checking notcot.org
on my Google Reader this morning.

TYPEWRITERS GALORE~ lol
Want a collection of 18th and 19th century typewriters for breakfast anyone?? XD

(source: core77.com)


Photobucket

\\Automatic from 1887


Photobucket

\\Yost from 1873


Photobucket

\\Morris contraption from 1885


Photobucket

\\1893 Blickensderfer


Photobucket

\\1902 Lambert




I would love to own a typewriter someday...
It's just one of those things I wanted to do before I die~

No comments:

Post a Comment